Say goodbye to love handles! In OneHow we will give you some advice that will help eliminate belly fat so you can display a more beautiful and toned silhouette. In addition to abdominal exercises, you should also make other changes to your routine that will help reduce body fat. Continue reading this article where we propose some of the best exercises to eliminate belly fat, which you can start practicing today.
Steps to follow:
Before I start talking about the exercises to lose belly, we will explain some basics about burning fat so that you can achieve the goal you are looking for, because it is useless to do 100 abdominal exercises daily if you do not maintain healthy and low-fat lifestyle habits. The secret to losing weight lies in combining a light diet with regular physical exercise, only then will you really start to see results.
So if you want to lose your belly, it’s essential that you start planning an eating plan that is balanced and low in fats. In general, we recommend that you follow these healthy rules that will help you design your menu:
- A diet rich in fruits and vegetables: try to make them part of your daily diet to benefit from their nutrients and achieve an adequate state of health. In addition, they are ingredients that contain no fats and almost no calories.
- Eat 5 times a day: it is better to divide the food into 5 daily meals that are of normal amounts, than to eat 3 times until it is full. In addition, eating every 3 or 4 hours forces your metabolism to work longer, so you can speed it up.
- Goodbye fats and sugar: set aside foods such as cakes, sweets, sausages, sauces, etc.
- Low-fat proteins: it is legal to take proteins in your diet but try to keep them light and healthy. In the case of meat, the most suitable are lean and white fish have less fat than blue fish.
- Light dinner: it is important that in the last hours of the day do not overfill your stomach with calories, as you will hardly burn them and end up avoiding saturated fat.
But, in addition to light food, it is also important to practice physical exercise that helps you burn fat faster and more effectively, while also getting your body to be in better shape and more aesthetically toned. Between the exercises to burn belly fat it is worth differentiating two types:
1. Cardiovascular exercises: are those who manage to burn calories by activating circulation and the cardiovascular system.
2. Toning exercises: to be able to burn fat it is not enough to sweat. It is also necessary to strengthen the muscle and, for that, we need to do concrete exercises that help to harden the belly.
For lose belly fat we have to include cardiovascular sessions in our training routine that should have a minimum duration of 20 minutes (although 30 minutes is the recommended time to burn fat more efficiently). Among the most suitable exercises to help achieve this, the following stand out:
- Elliptic: it is a machine that can work the whole body (arms, glutes and legs) in addition to burning calories.
- Bike: whether you go to the gym or prefer to train on your own, cycling is also an exercise that will help you lose weight.
- Run: can be on a treadmill or simply on the street. It is one of the most complete sports that exists, as it activates the whole body and helps to eliminate fat.
To make the most of cardiovascular sessions remember that the most appropriate is intercalate intensitiesthis way, your body does not get used to exercise and works at all times to the maximum.
But for your training to be the most appropriate, you must doing abdominal exercises that will be able to strengthen the area helping to burn belly fat and that your body is smoother and without love handles. It is important to focus on exercising all parts of the belly and not just to mark “the six pack” as the result may be uneven and not favorable.
Consequently, in the same session you should exercise upper, lower and lateral abdominals so that your body is well defined. Let’s start by indicating some upper abdominal exercises:
- 1. An exercise that works the upper abdomen is known as “crunch with shrunken legs“. You have to place yourself on a mat, raise and bend your knees and, in this position, raise your torso. Do 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
- 2. Place yourself on the mat and stretch your legs completely towards the ceiling. Then, lift the torso by pushing on the abdominal area and return to the starting position. Repeat 15 times and do 3 sessions for a complete job.
Next, let’s find out some exercises to burn abdominal fat focusing on lower belly area:
- 1. You have to lie down on the mat and, without bending your legs, lift up parallel to the ground. Hold in this position for 15 seconds and rest. Then repeat this exercise 2 more times and you will begin to harden the lower abdomen.
- 2. The following exercise consists of lift the hip the ground to be able to exercise the zone. You have to lie on the floor and lift your legs up, bend your hips towards your ribs, as shown in the image. Hold for 15 seconds and repeat 2 more sets.
The next and last part of the belly that we must work on to achieve a toned body without excess fat are the sides of the abdomen. For this there are some concrete exercises that will help you stay in shape, such as the following:
- 1. It’s known as “vertical scissors“and to do this you have to lie on the mat on your side and raise your leg as high as you can, you have to go up and down your leg in 15 repetitions. Rest and repeat 2 more sets.
- 2. The following exercise we propose is to lie on the mat, flex your knees and raise your torso trying to touch an ankle with one hand and then with the other. Do 3 sets of 15 reps and see the results.
In this OneHowTo article we propose you other side abdominal exercises.
If you want to read similar articles to Exercises to eliminate belly fat, we recommend that you enter our Fitness category.